Alright folks. It is already July 16th. This. Is. Crazy. Insane! :)
Anyway, here's the low-down on what's been happening in the life of Brie...contain yourselves...you might just get too excited (oh yeah, it's that intense...ok...maybe not!).
Yesterday was an absolutely blissful day. I had the day off which meant sleeping in until 9:45 (when my mom woke me up) and heading the gym, where I ran consistantly for 25 minutes at lightning fast speed (ok, maybe not exactly lightning...think more like graceful gazelle? lol). After doing a few other aerobic activies at the neighborhood YMCA, it was time to go home, a.k.a. take shower. Once dressed, smelling good, and ready for an exciting afternoon my friend Hannah Atwood, a lovely, lovely girl who makes me smile uncontrolably, came over, and watched as I picked up my overly-cluttered room. Chatting and whatnot the whole room cleaning process went pretty quickly and painlessly. Next, it was time for pizza (thanks to my mom and some unknown frozen pizza brand). While we were eating it occured to me that, this very Tuesday, "Penelope" an amazingly well told modern day fairytale was out on DVD. Rushing to Target (with our bellies full of pizza-deliciousness) I bought the said movie (Special Edition mind you!) and came home and watched it until our hearts content. It ended, me and Hannah parted ways and before I knew it, it was time to go to youth group. It was amazing. Laughing, a not-so-intense game of "capture the flag", rockin' worship, and finally a sermon from our very own Shayla Dohner completed the night. Or so I thought. Spontaneosly, I, Sarah, Phillip, Ben, and two other of the "youth-ers" went out for a late night meal at Wendy's. Good times. Good times. The evening concluded with me driving myself and Ben home, which came unfortunately soon.
Wednesday: Work.
Woke up this morning at the early hour of 8:30ish because my room was shockingly bright with the glaring sun beaming through my closed blinds and curtains (I have to get darker curtains!) and made myself a batch of banana pancakes (yes, I did pull a Jack Johnson...) and once again watched "Penelope" (I know right....I'm a bit obsessed lol). Took a shower, vacuumed the bottom half of the house (per the request of my loving mother) and headed off for work. Work was slow. Fun. A bit weird. But all together slow. I think I have been officially classified at possibly a "good girl" or the "nerdy Christian" because I don't participate in there sometimes weird "girl talk" and have declared that I can quote lines from "Monty Python" and "Princess Bride" at the drop of a hat (two movies which I think are hilariously funny). It is what it is. Weird. But it is.
Anyway, nothing else really to report. Work ended with an oddly times rush and before I knew it, it was 7:10 and I was heading out the door, talking to Phillip via phone (bluetooth) and was home. Now here I am, sitting at the conveniant computer desk, still sitting quite smartly in the "office nook". It is here that I will leave you readers, and say "adios" until my next, very exciting blog. :)
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday and Wednesday.
Posted by Gabrielle Robbins at 7:47 PM
Labels: Penelope, work, youth group
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment