THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The First Blog....

Hello there fellow bloggers. Well, today is the day I’m officially opening up this blog, and in it I hope to reveal the happenings of the coming days, whether they be dull, exciting, or unnatural :].
Anyway, the day has been actually quite uneventful so far. I woke up this morning with the intention of going to a doctor’s appointment but figured out, through my mom, that the appointment was actually made for next week, so with this new information and insight, and unable to go back to sleep I decided to buck up, wash my face off, and get ready for the day (of course that is my definition of “getting ready” which consists of eating a peanut butter and banana quesadilla and rereading Harry Potter, haha).
After reading a few fabulously written chapters of J.K. Rowling’s masterpieces I decided to, once and for all, start a blog, and thus here I sit, typing at the computer which is situated rather cleverly in our spare room, with the computer desk sitting smartly in the closet, which my mom has turned into, what I believe can be referred to as, an “office nook”.
Yesterday was pretty chill and laid back. I’ve been waking up pretty early these last couple of days (early of course being a relative term) around the hour of 9 o’ clock in the morning. I had no plans and therefore I pretty much spent most of my day reading and watching T.V. The only remotely exciting thing that happened what that I was scheduled to work at 6pm, which gave me something to look forward to. Speaking of my job, I probably should clue you in on where I work: Jamba Juice. Yes, I am a smoothie maker, purposed to sell all natural smoothies and vitamin formulated “boosts” as we refer to them, which, when speaking to new customers are “tasteless, nutritional supplements that we add to every smoothie which gives them extra dietary value”, and if you have seen the SNL skit titled “Jamba Juice” with Natalie Portman, I can say nothing more except, “It’s all we live for”. Anyway… I arrived at work rather early with the intention of buying a smoothie for my dinner before I started my shift. I walked into madness. Blenders flooded the sink, our “Dipbox” where we keep all of our frozen ingredients, was completely bare and lacking. Of course I clocked on early. Getting straight to work I threw on my chocolate brown apron, which has Jamba’s multicolored “swirl” plastered across it’s front, and placing a bright orange visor precariously on my head I began to pour smoothies in the Jamba fashion (“John, I have your Power Strawberries Wild with Energy for you!”). Between that and doing dishes in lightning speed the night passed rather quickly and I was utterly surprised when my best friend, Phillip, walked in the door.
“Hey!” I greeted cheerfully. He smiled and took his place in line, where, after ringing up the couple in front of him, took his order (an Original Banana Berry with Immunity). Our visit was short but was nothing less than a nice surprise. I love when my friends visit me a work (especially those who I call my “besties”: Sarah Danae and the other being, of course, Phillip) and it’s all the more fun when they stop by unexpectedly. It gives me this kind of jolt and warm fuzzy feeling, it lets me know that the people, who I care so deeply about, actually care enough about me to visit me at work. It’s a nice feeling.
Anyway after the visit work continued pretty steadily. We had a family of five come in two minutes before closing (each of course ordering a smoothie) and four other people after that which Lindsey (the Lead in charge) had to politely turn away. The night finished with the two of us returning to our cars and me heading off home.
Thus, my day ended, and it is now that I leave you, my readers, so that I may go and get on with my day. I look forward to your comments!
Have a great day (hopefully the sun will come out!)!!!!!

0 comments: