Yes, yesterday was probably one of the most memorable days of the summer.
Here's how it went: went to church with the bestie (got to see Michael and laugh alot!), followed with a ride home to eat some grub...then an exciting ride to Mt. Vernon where the family, Sarah, and myself endulged in our Scottish heritage (well, ok so Sarah is actually Italian and German....but don't tell the Scots that haha). It was so much fun!
The fair was pretty busy but even with the people, bagpiping, along with some Scottish games competitions, it was actually one of the quietest fairs I have ever been to. Men were walking around in kilts, the local Oregon band "Men of the West" played a jig or two (check out their Myspace...it's impecable!), watched a couple of sheepdog trials, and finally got to see burly kilt-clad men throwing 20lbs. of hay 16 feet into the air without hitting the measuring stick...ah it was amazing. Sarah got a henna tattoo on her ankle, I got a chocolate waffle cone (kudo's to Sarah) and we all snacked on some of the best kettle corn of my life. :)
Yes. I do love the highland games.
Monday, July 14, 2008
The Scottish Highland Games
Posted by Gabrielle Robbins at 8:55 AM
Labels: fairs, hay throwing, kilts, scottish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
The Most amazing sunday in a while!!! I love you!
Post a Comment